Skip to main content

Syberia, My Take

So, finally played through and beat Syberia 1 & 2, which have been on my list of games to play for... 5 years now? Was really looking forward to seeing a modern graphics adventure game.

Pros:
-Lush environments that looked beautiful
-Steam punk aesthetic that I liked
-The Russian environments and slant were a nice break from standard western/asian themes

Cons:
-Interaction areas didn't stand out. This made some puzzles into frustrating experiences since I had to go back and try to figure out what I missed, which wasn't always obvious as items blended into the background.
-Story was so-so. Second one felt much more engaging then the first though.
-Felt like a lot of back and forth puzzles, I.E. run over here, do one thing, run over there and do one thing, run back do one thing. Which is kind of annoying. I accept that not every puzzle will be self contained, but sometimes it got annoying.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15mm/6mm Woods (WIP)

Good bye to green felt templates!  I ended up with a scrap piece of 1/4" ply wood from some home remodeling.  And while I had an urge to do some buildings for 15mm, I haven't been playing a lot of 15mm gaming lately.  So, I decided that some woods would work for both 6mm (Dirtside 2 and Strike Legion) as well as 15mm sci fi or 15mm anceints gaming (ADG). I started by: Sketching out some rough circular shapes on the 1/4" ply Cutting them out with a jig saw.  I didn't follow the lines exactly, just tried to keep near them Power sanded down the edges to give them a bit of a gradual slope Glued 3"(For 15mm) or 2" (for 6mm) around the edges, with one or two in the middle for support.  I mostly left them open as these are for gaming, not for display.  I need to fit the figures in there!  This was done with liquid nails.  I put about a pea worth of liquid nails down, pushed the nail in and gave it a bit of a twirl.   Left me with the foll...

Skaven Test Pack Masters

Bit happier with the white one, but like the dirt on the red one a bit better. In the end, went with neither of these two designs.